When is the next
Museums and the Web?
158 Lee Avenue
M4E 2P3 Canada
info @ archimuse.com
our Mailing List.
Archives & Museum Informatics
Best Museum Web Site Supporting
These are sites whose goal is to educate a specific audience on a particular
subject. The target audience should be identifiable and the pedagogical
strategy should be clear. The category seeks to reward sites which present
material in an effective and relevant manner as well as depth of content.
(This category does not include search engines and online databases
intended for research.)
Quality Characteristics include:
- Presentation of supplementary material for schools
and teachers, and support for collaborative spaces for teachers to work
- Presentation of supplementary materials for students
of any ages, and provision of collaborative work spaces for students
- Interaction between museum staff and students,
teachers, or educational groups of any level
- Integration of experiences of 'real' visits to
museum and the educational web site
- Provision of non curriculum based learning experiences
and support of life-long learning activities
- Sites designed by and for children
And the winner is...