Archives & Museum Informatics
2008 Murray Ave.,
Join our Mailing List.
Published: March 1999.
Best Museum Web Site Supporting Educational Use
Any web site that excels in providing a focused educational experience based on the collections of the museum or related institution. Desirable features may include:
- Presentation of supplementary material for schools and teachers, and support for collaborative spaces for teachers to work together
- Presentation of supplementary materials for students of any ages, and provision of collaborative work spaces for students
- Interaction between museum staff and students, teachers, or educational groups of any level
- Integration of experiences of 'real' visits to museum and the educational web site
- Provision of non curriculum based learning experiences and support of life-long learning activities
- Sites designed by and for children